Last Updated: October 12, 2016
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information about you when you create an account, make a purchase, use the interactive areas of our Services, invite a friend to use our Services, sign up to receive communications from us, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include, but are not limited to, your name, email address, phone number, billing and shipping addresses, shopping preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide, including information that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under any applicable law (“personal information”).
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Location Information from Your Mobile Device. When you visit the Services from your mobile device, we may collect and store your location information if you enable your device to send it to us. Collection of this information may improve the provision of the Services.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, when you log in to the Services from a third party social network, we may collect information about you that you have made publicly available through that network, such as your name and profile picture.
Use of Information
We may use information, including personal information, for various purposes, including to:
• Operate and improve our Services;
• Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Art and Method, our affiliates and subsidiaries, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
• Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
• Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, such as our payment processing providers;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Art and Method or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, litigation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about the users of our Services is among the assets transferred; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising And Analytics Services Provided By Others
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove that information and terminate the child’s account. In addition, if you learn that your child who is under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art and Method takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Do Not Track
“Do Not Track” is a preference you can set in your browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. The Services do not respond to Do Not Track settings. In addition, we cannot assure you that all third parties servicing or placing advertisements on the Services will honor your Do Not Track request.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by accessing your account on the website or emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to deactivate your account, please access your account from the website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but we may retain your account information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes on our servers. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Art and Method by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your New York Privacy Rights
New York law permits residents of New York to request certain details about our disclosure of their personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a New York resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
Art and Method
236 Moore Street, No. 401
Brooklyn NY 11206